Thursday, April 21, 2011

Real Sunshine and Mock Smocking



With the unexpectedly warm weather continuing- it's like Nature is trying to apologise for the hard, cold winter- we took to the garden yesterday. Having near enough burst my lungs inflating the paddling pool and given thanks for a hosepipe in the garden to save me lugging buckets about, I settled down to finish off some handsewing.
Proper smocking is something I'd like to learn, but for now I'm contenting myself with mock smocking using shearing elastic. A slightly late birthday present of a sun top for a little friend of ours in Cardiff was made in a similar way to the first of two sundresses I'm making for Maeve from some Liberty print and other fabric acquired on a recent trip to see my folks. I'll expand- and reveal- more when the full ensemble is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment