Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spots and stripes




I love spots and stripes! My feet seem to be getting further away, but they've not changed shape with pregnancy so I decided they needed a treat- hence these little darlings from Cath Kidston.
My new spotty shoes are certainly helping me to deal with galloping heartburn, house-sale hassles and a grumpy little boy, as are the stripes on my completed baby blanket. The Liberty print binding worked out fine; I machine stitched on one side, found a couple of tutorials on YouTube to help me with the corners and hand stitched the other side to finish. I'm really happy with the result- Liberty lawn is so soft, which means the edge should be fine tucked under the owner's little chin and the loose garter stitch in aran-weight cotton has a really nice, breathable drape. I think I like the 'wrong' side as much as the 'right' but the way the binding looks I don't see why it can't be reversible. Now then, what next? Maybe that cardigan for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment