Saturday, December 11, 2010

11th of Advent


Although I only began making it a few days ago, M's Christmas bear is completed, thanks to a few evenings in front of the TV. It's a nice, easy pattern from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby, all in garter stitch and without too much fiddly shaping or construction. The eyes and nose are darned on in wool rather than using sewn on pieces of felt as suggested, since I thought it would be a little bit safer if she chews on them (she is a very chewy baby!) The yarn is Baby Cashmerino as suggested in the pattern, but instead of the putty colour I used for P's bear I chose a deep golden yellow that reminded me of those old Steiff bears you see in antique shows worth a small fortune. Can't see M's bear ever being worth much in sterling, but hopefully it will be precious to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment