I'm currently in the throws of having a pattern tested on Ravelry's 'Free Pattern Testers' Forum for the first time. It's for this sweater:
It's called 'Baby Queen Bess' and I'm hoping to make it my first 'for sale' pattern. Obviously wanted to get any glitches out before I start asking people to part with cash and the testing process is certainly doing its job. The only problem was, a few testers pointed out an issue I'd been rather avoiding looking at, mainly because I didn't know how to solve it- namely one of achieving symmetry through the raglan section, technical knitting fans!
The good news is, with input from the forum and a fresh look at the issue, I've worked out how to solve it. The bad news is, with the knowledge that symmetry could be achieved, I wasn't sure I could cope with M wearing the less symmetrical version I made for her, using lovely and expensive wool, in a size she'll fit into for the whole of next winter. So....
Big. Fat. Frog. This was a properly finished article, even had to find the ends I'd neatly woven in. Oh well, at least my mind will be at peace when she grows into it. Plus I suppose in a way I'm saving money, as I'm getting to knit two sweaters for the price of one- sort of!