Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On commission


I fully accept that I'm never going make a living from making stuff. I'm not even sure I'd enjoy it if I did, as I'm never keen on making the same thing more than once. That said it has been immensely gratifying to enjoy some modest success with my Folksy shop. It feels even better when I can boast about being 'on commission'. A customer who bought a Union Jack tea cosy ended up giving it to a friend who admired it, so she asked me for another. As I was a little bit tired of the red/white/blue colourwork I was very happy to oblige when she requested an alternative colourway. Hence the pink and purple confection you see here. And yes, I know it really doesn't go with the orange teapot, but that was the only one I had that fitted!

No comments:

Post a Comment