Sunday, February 14, 2010

A million woven in ends later...


Okay, I know it's not the best picture, but when I began this Fairisle tank my burgeoning bump was, well, not burgeoning at all. And now that I've finally finished it's going to take a bit of careful selection from my (limited) wardrobe to stop any pictures of me wearing it looking like the side of a lumpy, woolly house!
But I am very proud of this, my first big Fairisle project. I found juggling the different colours tricky, but not as bad as I thought. I managed the tension pretty well I think. I loved seeing the pattern emerge. I hated having a million ends to weave in at the end- when will I ever learn a proper technique for working them in as I go? I've taken quite a few breaks for some straight up and down, look at something else while you do it projects while this has been on the needles, but even so I don't think I'll be doing anything as complex or large scale for a while. I feel the need for quicker and/or less brain-taxing projects for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment