Saturday, April 17, 2010

Counting chickens...

Okay, you'll have to excuse me a big pun on this one, but I couldn't resist! You see, we treated ourselves to a lovely breakfast at Low Sizergh Barn this morning en route to Kendal (shoe shopping, yarn shopping and haircut!). We've still to get around to the Farm Trail, but had a little visit to the chickens on our way in.

Those chickens were, of course, fully hatched and ready for counting, but I do have a bit of a superstition about counting chicks of the human baby kind until they are safely here e.g. I don't like making things for the new arrival until they have arrived. My way around it is to make stuff for 'non specific babies who may just turn up'. Just now there are a couple of these imminent, not to mention our own, so I've been indulging in rather too much purchasing of Debbie Bliss Eco Aran and Eco Baby. I'm really enjoying knitting with soft but vibrant colours and yarn that feels gorgeous. Won't say anymore about what and for whom, but keep your fingers crossed for those hatchings!

No comments:

Post a Comment